1.08.2014

Sarah Cameron, Class of 2011


I am back across the pond this year in France for my second year of studies with the CIEF (Center for International Studies in French) and currently doing level 5, which is equivalent to the French level needed to work for the Canadian Government or be officially bilingual.

I finished my first year of classes in Dijon in May and then joined my family for a vacation.  After our trip I returned home and continued voice lessons before going back to France to allay my fears of losing my singing voice.  I also did my third summer internship with Symphony Nova Scotia, which lasted into early September.  I can thank SHSH for introducing me to this organization, thanks to Mrs. Campbell and the grade 11 Social Action program.

I was back on the plane in late September, and returned home quickly for a visit during the Christmas holidays, and was lucky enough to attend the Wine and Cheese event and see so many old friends from my years in Junior High all the way through to High School.


At present my future is unknown as to whether I will be returning home anytime soon or staying here in France with all the opportunities.  I have currently applied for a few jobs as well as being in the process of applying for university here in Dijon.  It is my dream to be here however if things don't work out now I will head home and come back when my dreams can become a reality.

Sarah Cameron, Class of 2011