12.21.2012

'Tis Time for a Long Winter's Nap!

Dear Sacred Heart Community,

On this winter solstice, I want to write to say that we are winding down. It is the shortest day of the year and we are ready for Christmas – and a long winter’s nap! Before my head hits the proverbial pillow, I want to thank you for your incredible support through my first term at the Sacred Heart in Halifax. I am profoundly grateful!

In a couple of hours, we will welcome home our alumnae/i for a Young at Heart Wine and Cheese event. The RSVP responses have been terrific – far surpassing our expectations! Our school has such wonderful spirit & I look forward to meeting more of our graduates!

On Tuesday afternoon, we had a lovely Christmas meal for our current and retired faculty and staff members – about 95 people! You will soon gather for Christmas meals with family and friends at tables near and far. I will be in Ottawa at the Provincial House with other Religious of the Sacred Heart, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

I wish you joy and peace this Christmas, and a healthy and safe start to the New Year.   I look forward to seeing you on January 3, 2013.

With love from the Heart,
Anne

Anne Wachter, RSCJ
Headmistress


Short Notes

If you are with grandparents, please invite them to “save the date” because on Friday, April 26, 2013 we will have Grandparents Day! Details will follow after the break, but it promises to be terrific! All grandparents, from Junior Primary through Senior High School are welcome to join us for this day. They are also invited to the Bursary Dinner the following night, April 27, 2013!
Please pray for Logan Mitchell's family; his maternal grandfather passed away on December 11, 2012.
If your children will be “plugged in” on electronic devices during the break, you might want to check out this piece that was in the New York Times ten days ago: Apps for Children.